September 27, 2023
Tips for an effective planner client relationship
Wedding planners vary in terms of their personalities, years of experience, and planning approaches. It’s crucial to find the one that aligns with your preferences for an enjoyable planning process. While there are many factors to consider when choosing a planner, I’d like to offer a unique perspective from the viewpoint of a planner. Over my 13 years in the industry, I’ve collaborated with a diverse range of brides, and I’ve noticed that the most successful and seamless planning experiences have been with clients who exhibit the following qualities.
1. Set a Realistic Budget: Determine your budget early in the planning process and communicate it clearly to your wedding planner. Being upfront about your financial constraints will help your planner make appropriate recommendations and choices within your budget.
2. Prioritize Your Must-Haves: Identify your top priorities for the wedding. Whether it’s a specific venue, a particular style, or certain vendors, let your wedding planner know what matters most to you. This helps them focus on what’s essential to you.
3. Establish Clear Communication: Maintain open and effective communication with your wedding planner. Respond promptly to emails, calls, and messages. Clear and timely communication will help avoid misunderstandings and delays.
4. Trust Your Planner: Remember that you hired your wedding planner for their expertise and experience. Trust their recommendations and advice. While your input is valuable, trust their judgment when it comes to making decisions.
5. Respect Boundaries: Wedding planners have their own schedules and personal lives. Respect their working hours and understand that they may not be available 24/7. If you have urgent matters, communicate them clearly.
6. Stay Flexible: While it’s important to have a vision for your wedding, be open to flexibility. Sometimes, circumstances may require adjustments to the plan. A great client is adaptable and willing to consider alternatives.
7. Make Timely Decisions: Avoid procrastination when making decisions. Delays in choosing vendors, approving designs, or finalizing details can create unnecessary stress and may limit your options.
8. Budget for Contingencies: Set aside a portion of your budget for unexpected expenses or emergencies. This can help you manage unforeseen costs without causing panic.
9. Show Appreciation: Recognize and appreciate the hard work and dedication of your wedding planner. A thank-you note or a small token of appreciation can go a long way in building a positive working relationship.
10. Manage Guest List Responsibly: Be clear about your guest list from the beginning and stick to it. Last-minute additions can affect seating, catering, and other logistical aspects.
12. Stay Calm and Enjoy the Process: Planning a wedding can be stressful, but try to stay calm and enjoy the journey. Trust that your wedding planner will handle the details, allowing you to focus on the excitement of your upcoming wedding.
Remember that the relationship between you and your wedding planner is a partnership. By being an organized & communicative client, you can contribute to a successful wedding planning experience and a beautiful wedding day.
copyright 2023 ELANA EVENTS | all rights reserved
Site Credit • Website Design by Harper Maven